Mom teaches us everything, from walking to eating to making your own space in the world. That’s why we should also listen to them when it comes to self-care.
Mom might not know which is the newest shadow palette in the market or whose celebrity products are the best, but she knows about skin and how to take care of it.
Timeless tips and tricks we learned from moms:
- Beauty begins inside: when our moms nagged about drinking enough water and sleeping early, they were right! To have beautiful skin, we need to eat and rest well. Avoiding smoking is also crucial for a healthy, youthful look.
- Sunscreen and moisturizer: if your mom carried sunscreen in her bag, maybe you should follow her steps. Prolonged exposure to solar light accelerates the aging process, characterized by wrinkles, loss of skin tone, and resilience.
Protect your skin from the sun and keep it hydrated!
These two habits will pay off in the long run.
- Don’t play with your eyebrows: our moms lived through a maze of trends and looks. Maybe we should trust them when they ask us not to over plug our eyebrows. Experts agree with that, especially because the skin around the eyebrows is sensitive and easy to traumatize.
Depending on how often you plug your eyebrows and the kind of tweezer you use, you can stun the growing process.
- Always remove your makeup: sometimes it’s just too hard to wash your face after coming home, but you should listen to moms on this one!
Sleeping with makeup on can saturate your pores, causing acne breakouts, irritations, and allergies due to the chemical components.
- Organize your makeup bag: this advice applies to several issues in life. While we can have different brands and tryouts in our makeup bag, it is important to check for expiration dates and throw away whatever doesn’t work for us anymore.
Using expired or contaminated makeup won’t give us the look we reached for and might cause consequences. According to the Mayo Clinic Health System, these products can generate bacterial infections and reproduce quickly onto other products or instruments such as creams, combs, and brushes.
If you are looking for natural, organic, and scientifically-proven skincare products, check out our bundles!
Are you already using our products in your skincare routine? Share with us your journey on Instagram: @apolloandartemisbeauty
Go back to the homepage.