If you are looking to step up your moisturizer game, you are in the right place! Squalane is a natural emollient that can mimic your skin's natural oils, boosting hydration and preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
This component is also rich in antioxidants, a crucial compound to avoid skin damage and aging. But where does it come from? And why is everyone looking for products with this ingredient?
How does it work?
Our bodies have their own built-in system of hormones and substances for moisturizing our skin. One of those components is Squalene, with an “e” This poly-unsaturated liquid is also found in animals and plants. Basically, its job is to lubricate and protect your skin.
Nevertheless, the production of It declines over the years and can be affected by many reasons, from illness to weather changes.
That’s when Squalane with an “a” steps in. It is a hydrogenated, lab-manufactured version of this natural emollient. Treated this way, it keeps all the benefits and works as a powerful ingredient for any moisturizer.
Benefits of Squalane
Now that you know where it comes from, you need to know how it can improve your skincare routine. It will give you a healthier and vibrant look, but also all the benefits below:
- According to a study, it can act as a detoxifier to enhance collagen production. This translates into a more youthful-looking skin.
- Squalane boosts and locks in the moisture in the outer layers of your skin, preventing lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging.
- It’s safe for everyone! Because of its non-comedogenic properties, Squalane can be used in acne-prone or oily skin types.
- Squalane also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help with inflammatory skin problems such as rosacea, dermatitis, and eczema.
- You can use Squalane for body, face, and hair! Its hydrating benefits will improve your look overall.
How to use Squalane?
The best part of Squalane is that it is easy to apply and maintain. You can start with our Omega Face Serum, a 100% lightweight plant-derived Squalane product.
After cleansing, place 2–3 drops in your hand and massage gently onto your face, neck, and décolleté. Let dry completely. For extra pleasure, massage onto skin immediately after showering, paying attention to those areas in need of hydration like arms, legs, and knees.
Pamper your skin with Squalane and notice the changes right on! Share with us your journey on Instagram: @apolloandartemisbeauty
Go back to the homepage.